[sudo-users] bad adjusted output on the display when using directive use_pty

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Sat Sep 17 13:10:21 MDT 2016

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 14:26:31 -0000, george Nopicture wrote:

> Hello i am on a fedora 23 machine with sudo version =1.8.15
> The thing is while using the above directive a get floating output on the dis
> play which kinda beats the purpose of using it. Its unreadable. Selinux is no
> t showing anything suspicious nor are the logs. Any possible hints.?
> Other than that i enjoy sudo so much, great software.

It sounds like you are not seeing carriage returns on the terminal
for some reason, just line feeds.  I can't reproduce that on fedora
23 with sudo 1.8.17p1, which is what "dnf update sudo" gets me.

Can you try with 1.8.17p1 and see if it is still a problem?
If so, what kind of terminal are you using?