[sudo-users] Programmatically check whether a user has sudo access at all

R. Diez rdiezmail-temp2 at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 20 10:26:16 MST 2017

Hi all:

I wrote a little guide on how to sandbox Skype:

http://rdiez.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Linux_Ramblings#Sandboxing_Skype

Now I want to write a script to automate the launching part of it. This
script should check whether skypeuser has as little privileges as possible.

One of the things I wanted to check is whether skypeuser can access sudo
at all. However, there seems to be no script-friendly way to check that.
Or is there?

Some options I found on the Internet require entering a password. Others
are about parsing sudo's text output. I thought about checking
membership of the "sudo" group, but that group is called "wheel" on some
systems.

Thanks in advance,
   rdiez