[sudo-users] Sudoreplay: Permissions error and sefault - 1.8.19p2

Rudi Kramer rudi.kramer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 01:32:53 MDT 2017

Hi Todd,

Apologies for getting back to you so late.

We set the uuid/guid to a high number and then had the NFS share use the
same number but we ran into the same problem.

After further investigation, it turns out that the file permissions on the
seq file (and all other files in the user/0* sub-folder) were changed to
0400. I think this is why the seq file could not be updated and
subsequently, sudo thinks it's should create a folder which already exists.

We are investigating on our side why this could be happening but I was
wondering if any of your code could be responsible for changing the file
permissions?