[sudo-users] Syntax for turning logging compression off

David Livingstone David.Livingstone at cn.ca
Fri Jan 12 11:26:02 MST 2018

Just downloaded installed sudo-1.8.21-3 on RHEL and noted that the sudo logging is now compressed(gzip) by default. My previous installation of 1.8.6  does not have the compression on by default.
So the question is how do I turn the compression off ? The default installation does not include a sudo.conf file so I was trying to modify the compress_io flag in the sudoers file without success.
Yes I looked at the sudoers man page however the correct Default_Entry syntax eludes me.

Thanks
David