[sudo-users] Sudoreplay "linear" text output?

Leroy Tennison leroy at datavoiceint.com
Thu Mar 8 09:08:04 MST 2018

This couldn't have come at a better time, I was planning on posting about how to search sudo history to see if a specific action had occurred (such as a manually-entered 'ip route add' to see if any console changes accounted for the system state).  Using 'grep -ir <text> /var/log/sudo-io/00/00/*' (my files aren't gziped - maybe a sudoers setting?), the escape sequences trashed my terminal, adding '| grep [[;print;]]' at least stopped that undesirable side effect but left plenty of escape sequence text behind.  Doing a little research into ' linux "remove escape sequence"' surfaced ansi2txt on Ubuntu and ansifilter. Trying ansi2txt actually turned out worse, are there any more elegant solutions to getting just plain text in this situation?

BTW, the -m <negative number> option for removing timing proved to be an excellent option, thank you.