[sudo-users] Sudo Remote Hosts

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at sudo.ws
Thu Oct 4 10:44:59 MDT 2018

On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 14:48:18 -0500, Johnathan Smith wrote:

> I was wondering if there are plans for the sudoers policy to support
> executing commands on a remote host through thr "--host" option.
> If there are no upcoming plans to implement this option,  alternative
> suggestions to would be greatly appreciated.

There are no current plans to support executing commands on a remote
host via the --host flag.  You can write a policy that supports
multiple hosts and distribute it but sudo won't connect to remote
hosts itself.

Supporting that requires that either the remote host trust the
source host (allowing arbitrary commands via a root equivalent
account or via an agent running on the remote host) or that there
be a central server that the remote host trusts that acts as a proxy
for the remote commands.