[sudo-users] Sudo Remote Hosts

Daniele Palumbo daniele at retaggio.net
Fri Oct 5 18:27:51 MDT 2018

Il giorno 02 ott 2018, alle ore 21:48, Johnathan Smith <1johnathan.smith at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> I was wondering if there are plans for the sudoers policy to support
> executing commands on a remote host through thr "--host" option.
> If there are no upcoming plans to implement this option,  alternative
> suggestions to would be greatly appreciated.

As already suggested, you may leverage on ssh keys, using sudo to execute commands.

Or, likely, you wish to use something like puppet, ansible, salt, ... (randomly choosen list).

Basically, executing something “off this server” is a matter of automation, not of privilege elevation.

Have fun,
Daniele