[sudo-users] New Member Request for Guidance

Jeffrey M Taffuri jtaffuri at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:23:29 MDT 2018

Approaching my third year on Linux.

Requesting guidance for completing a script for Unattended Backups of the
remote hosts on my home network.

I have passwordless key based ssh connections working between all hosts.

I have used visudo to place the following entry on each host:

user ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync

I am executing the fiollowing rsync command:

sudo rsync -avz -e "ssh" --rsync-path="sudo rsync" --delete /home/
user at 192.168.2.119:/media/user/EasyBU

I am still being asked for the password for 192.168.2.119. (Script works
fine with password entered).

I have gone so far as to change the sudoers entry to:

user All=(ALL:ALL) ALL

I still get asked for the password for 192.168.2.119.

Any guidance or help would be appreciated.

Jeff Taffuri