[sudo-users] /etc/sudoers versus /etc/sudoers.d

John Adams jxadams at ualr.edu
Tue Sep 11 17:34:28 MDT 2018

Hi, folks,

     Someone pointed out to me today that we could decompose our
/etc/sudoers files into one large standard body and many smaller
configuration files in /etc/sudoers.d.

     We've got a little over a hundred machines and not a lot of variation
among them. I see the value of doing this and also wonder whether the value
is worth the gain in complexity.

     What do you think? And is there any other recent new feature I should
think about using?

Thanks,

     John A

--
John Adams
Linux/Middleware Administrator  | Information Technology Services

Reminder:  IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts.  For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.