[sudo-users] anyone using built-in sudo logfile?

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com
Fri Jul 12 11:18:16 MDT 2019

Hi,

Sudo supports a native log file, that doesn't rely on sudo.

Is anyone truly using this? I mean, I can imagine special
uses--perhaps embedded systems, or environments that are not allowed
to use syslogd for compliance or regulatory reasons. But it seems this
is VERY fringe.

I don't want to waste space in the new sudo book covering something I
think is fringe, but I don't want to dismiss it based entirely on my
narrow experience...

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	https://mwl.io/
author of: Absolute OpenBSD, SSH Mastery, git commit murder,