[sudo-users] restricted_env_file "Bad address" error

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com
Sat Jun 22 10:00:17 MDT 2019

Hi,

I'm running:

mwlucas at freebsd:~ % sudo -V
Sudo version 1.8.27
Sudoers policy plugin version 1.8.27
Sudoers file grammar version 46
Sudoers I/O plugin version 1.8.27

On:

mwlucas at freebsd:~ % uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd 12.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE r341666 GENERIC  amd64

(yes, unpatched, but it's a laptop VM inaccessible from the network)

I'm testing restricted_env_file, and keep getting:

$ sudo su -m
sudo: /etc/restricted_sudo_env: Bad address

Here's a complete sudoers that triggers this error.

Defaults restricted_env_file=/etc/restricted_sudo_env
%wheel   ALL = ALL

The restricted_sudo_env file does exist, and contains only:

mwlucas at freebsd:~ % cat /etc/restricted_sudo_env
RESTRICTED_SUDO_ENV=yes

The env_file option works fine, though.

The "Bad address" error doesn't appear in the sudo source, so I'm
thinking this might be an actual bug? Or perhaps I'm just daft?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	https://mwl.io/
author of: Absolute OpenBSD, SSH Mastery, git commit murder,