[sudo-users] Pivot user for launching sqlplus

Gabriel Menini GMenini at ose.com.uy
Tue Jun 25 13:57:28 MDT 2019

That's great:

User_Alias SUPERORA = user1, user2
SUPERORA ALL=(superora) /usr/bin/ksh -c sqlplus, /usr/bin/ksh -c sqlplus *, /usr/bin/ksh -c env,  /usr/bin/ksh -c alias

(user1 at oraclehost) /home/user1> sudo -u superora -i env

worked fine, Oracle's env variables are correctly loaded as you said.

OTOH, the alias I set in the /home/superora/.profile:

alias sqlplus='/path/to/bin/sqlplus'

is not being loaded as the enviroment variables did:

(user1 at oraclehost) /home/user1> sudo -u superora -i alias
Password:
autoload='typeset -fu'
command='command '
functions='typeset -f'
hash='alias -t -'
history='fc -l'
integer='typeset -i'
local=typeset
nohup='nohup '
r='fc -e -'
stop='kill -STOP'
suspend='if [[ ${0#-} = $0 ]] ; then kill -STOP $$; else dspmsg -s 1 ksh.cat SUSPEND "suspend: cannot suspend login shell
"; fi '
type='whence -v'

I get this:
(user1 at oraclehost) /home/user1> sudo -u superora -i sqlplus usuario/clave
Password:
ksh: sqlplus:  not found

Regards,
--