[sudo-users] PAM rhost

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at sudo.ws
Sat Feb 29 08:15:42 MST 2020

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 12:09:06 +0100, =?UTF-8?Q?Michael_Str=c3=b6der?= wrote:

> For purely informative purpose it would be nice to have remote host
> (rhost) set by sudo when invoking PAM authc.

Currently sudo only sets PAM_RHOST on Solaris, which had a bug that
triggered when PAM_RUSER was set but PAM_RHOST was not.

I used to set PAM_RHOST on all PAM systems but on Linux it resulted
in a DNS lookup via libaudit.  I don't know if that is still the
case.  I suppose it could be changed to a sudoers setting.