[sudo-users] Off-Topic: weird date causing messages to go to spam folder

L A Walsh sudo at tlinx.org
Thu Jan 28 18:35:47 MST 2021

I just fished about 5 messages out of spam that should have been sudo
messages, and checked in to why.

A large anomaly was a bad-date format in the headers:

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 16:19:13 +000

<AM0PR06MB65776D46C496516CA74B66B787BA9 at AM0PR06MB6577.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>

Seems to only happen in messages from ralph.meier at ...

The date is followed by some weird MS-outlook string that isn't part
of any date standard for email that I know of.

Maybe Microsoft has something misconfigured.

Note, I 'm not talking about the line that starts with
'Date and ends with +000', but the <AM0PR0...> which is on a continuation
line in the header that puts it on the same line as the Date.

Sorta looks like somehow garbage was inserted, but I'm not sure how
or from where it came, but I only noticed it on emails
from Ralph Meier.  So maybe something is messing with the headers
from those mails (maybe me, but why only 1 user?)....

Anyway,  though I'd send a 'heads up' ...