[sudo-users] sudo_logsrvd configuration

Stefan Johnson tigerphoenixdragon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 06:37:28 MDT 2021

I have a sudoers entry that looks like this (for testing purposes)

Defaults log_output, log_servers="fqdn.of.log.server:30343"
%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

When I do "sudo su -" I get:
sudo: error message received from server: invalid ClientMessage
sudo: unexpected child termination condition: 0
sudo: unable to set controlling tty: Input/output error

With the debug rule in place, there is this line:
unable to expand iolog dir
/%Y/%m/%d/%H%M/%{hostname}/%s_u_%{user}_g_%{group}_ru_%{runas_user}_rg_%{runas_group}_c_%{command}_XXXXXX
@ create_iolog_path() ./iolog_writer.c:592

Do we need to pre-populate the directory structure?  I thought sudo would
create this for us as needed.

Thanks!

Stefan