[sudo-users] Grant permission by "digest" only?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed May 5 09:48:26 MDT 2021

On 5/5/21 8:58 AM, A. James Lewis wrote:
> Actually, being able to permit something "only if it's owned by root" is
> a feature I'd be super keen to see in a future version of "sudo".
Is
> this something you think is currently possible?

I'd be interested in the feature too.

Though I'd rather "root" not be hard coded.  Instead, please make it an
option to specify the user that should own it.

One might question if a list of users might also be an option.

While we're at it, should it be possible to check the file's group too?

And what about permissions?  --  You know, the things managed by chown /
chmod.  ;-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die