[sudo-users] sudoreplay does not honour iolog_dir

Albert Chin sudo-users at mlists.thewrittenword.com
Wed May 26 08:59:11 MDT 2021

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 06:07:49AM -0600, Todd C. Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2021 04:07:28 -0500, Albert Chin wrote:
>
> > Is sudoreplay suppose to honour iolog_dir in the config file?
>
> No, sudoreplay does not parse the sudoers file so if you have
> changed iolog_dir you need to use the -d option.

Is there a reason for this? I can understand sudoers being
out-of-scope for sudoreplay but it seems that if you can alter the
compiled-in value through some config file (sudo.conf or sudoers), all
of the sudo tools should be reading this config file. If sudoreplay
doesn't read sudoers at all, maybe move the iolog settings to
sudo.conf?

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)