[sudo-users] Only some group members can sudo -l

Johnnie W Adams jxadams at ualr.edu
Mon Mar 14 10:49:43 MDT 2022

Hi, folks,

     Or presumably do other sudo things, but that's where I'm stuck. My
only clue is that the two users who can sudo -l have 2xxx UID/GIDs, whereas
all the others have 65xxx GIDs.

     I'm using version 1.8.29 on RHEL 8.5.

      The command line error:

~]$ sudo -l

sudo: PAM account management error: Permission denied

      The /var/log/secure entry:

Mar 14 11:45:10 degreeworksapp4 sudo[69765]:    <user> : PAM account
management error: Permission denied ; TTY=pts/0 ;

     The file in /etc/sudoers.d ends with this group entry:

%<groupname> ALL = NOPASSWD: <commands>

     Anything in <brackets> is redacted stuff.

Thanks,

     John A

--
John Adams
Senior Linux/Middleware Administrator  | Information Technology Services

Reminder:  IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts.  For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.