[sudo-users] visudo but don't open #include files?

Greg Gerke Greg.Gerke at kyndryl.com
Tue Oct 4 07:34:44 MDT 2022

When I use visudo and go to update /etc/sudoers it always goes and opens each #include file that I've got. Is there a way to bypass this action? I've got some servers that have upwards of a dozen #include files and there's none of them I'd need to update and just end up doing a :q a dozen times.

I've been trying to use visudo just to make sure I don't fat finger something in my haste to get in and get out but this action makes me think I should just be using a straight "vi /etc/sudoers" and double check before exiting...

---
No good deed goes unpunished.
http://www.paulgraham.com/makersschedule.html<http://www.paulgraham.com/makersschedule.html>
https://world.hey.com/jorge/aging-programmer-d448bdec<https://world.hey.com/jorge/aging-programmer-d448bdec>