[sudo-users] sudo-users Digest, Vol 223, Issue 2

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Oct 6 12:45:36 MDT 2022

On 10/6/22 12:34 PM, Greg Gerke wrote:
> Such a thing isn't permitted here on the off chance that
> somebody, somehow comes along and creates something like a
> /etc/sudoers.d/cmds_for_miscreants file. In that case, if it were
> created and chmod/chown were right, the commands would get sucked
> in always.

Okay.  So your pain is your organizations' making.  Been there.  Done
that.  Moving on.

> So instead there's a series of:
>
> #include /etc/sudoers.d/app_cmds1
> #include /etc/sudoers.d/app_cmds2
> #include /etc/sudoers.d/app_cmds3
> etc, etc

I have no idea if it would work or not, but what happens if you include
one file that includes the other files.

Does visudo recursively edit all the #include files?  Even those in
another file?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die