[sudo-users] A 'timestamp_type' attached to the X session?

Christophe Lohr christophe.lohr at cegetel.net
Tue Aug 8 02:32:13 MDT 2023

Hello,
   I would have been interested in sudo sharing its authentication as
part of the user's X session.
In concrete terms, when I run sudo in one terminal or another of my X
session (and respecting the timestamp timeout), the password is only
requested once.
Well, something between the "tty" type and the "global" type...

Do I make myself clear? ;-)

Placing the timestamp in an X11 property may not be very secure.
But there may be other, more effective solutions.
Have there been any discussions on the subject in the past?

Best regards
Christophe