[sudo-users] Question about Prebuilt Packages for AIX 7.2 and above

Michal Kozlowski michal.kozlowski111000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 05:16:03 MDT 2023

Hi sudo users,

I was wonder if ask this questions on this group, or on sudo-workers.
At first, I'd like to thank you (Tom, and community) for prebuild packages.

I wonder why prebuilt packages for AIX 7.2 and above are distributed as
bff and rpm format.
Is there any particular reason for this?

I also have question about numbering versions of prebuilt packages.
Current stable release of sudo is 1.9.14p2.
Prebuilt packages are:
sudo.1.9.14.2.aix72.bff.gz
#https://github.com/sudo-project/sudo/releases/download/SUDO_1_9_14p2/sudo.1.9.14.2.aix72.bff.gz
sudo-1.9.14-3.aix72.rpm
#https://github.com/sudo-project/sudo/releases/download/SUDO_1_9_14p2/sudo-1.9.14-3.aix72.rpm

Based on url, I can see that they are both 1.9.14p2.
Could you tell me please why rpm version is numbered 'p+1' (in this case
3), and bff version is numbered 'p' (in this case 2)?

Regards,
Michal Kozlowski