su/sudo using ssh auth

Bob Proulx rwp at hprwp.fc.hp.com
Fri Nov 2 15:17:08 EST 2001

> But I do want to have to enter a password, for instance, at the start of
>  a long running build script that needs to occasionally have root
>  privs at a number of strategic points in the script to do some
>  building in a chroot or mount a flash device.

How long is long running?  You could always increase the time for
remembering that a password was entered to be long enough to cover the
needed time interval.

What commands are you running?  You could always specify an interface
of okayed commands in sudoers where no password is ever required.  If
those commands are okay to run then they are okay to run.  Mounting
and unmounting are prime examples.

Bob