patch for sudo-usage script

Alek O. Komarnitsky (N-CSC) alek at ast.lmco.com
Wed Dec 18 12:49:13 EST 2002

> From tflat at astrocreep.net Tue Dec 10 12:21 MST 2002
> From: "James F. Wilkus" <tflat at astrocreep.net>
> Subject: patch for sudo-usage script
>
>   Your sudo-usage script is awesome.  I ran into a little
> problem with parsing solaris syslog files.  Solaris starting
> adding [ID ?????? facility.priority] to each log message.
> This was causing a problem with the sudo-usage script
> because the [ID...] was after sudo: and before username.
>
>   Anyhow, I am supplying a patch that I believe fixes the
> problem.
>
>   Cheers,
>   -James

James/sudo-folks,

Thanx for the note, nice words, and the patch - yes, this change
in the Solaris syslog format (it is sometimes handy to know how/where
the message came from) has tripped up a couple of things.

I've been a little bit busy (see PS below), but it was fairly
straightforward to apply this patch you provided and I've released
sudo-tools1.01 which remains available at:
   http://www.komar.org/
      -> Misc. Tech Stuff
      -> sudo-tools
This is also linked to from the sudo home page.

Happy Holidays,
alek

P.S. Speaking of the Holiday Season, I once again have put
out WAY too many Xmas lights ... and a NEW feature this year
is a demo of webcam/webcontrol - turn the lights ON & OFF - see:
   http://www.komar.org/xmas/