[sudo-workers] ldap and password

Brian L Farrell blfarrell at ra.rockwell.com
Tue Aug 24 15:14:40 EDT 2004

Todd,

I did some quick testing on this and the second method (the first
commented out one) will not authenticate.

I am proposing the following updated version.   I tested it with one of
the release candidates (that is what I had on the box I was testing
on---sorry--but it did have the updated auth code).  The authentication
problem was with auth didn't have a pam_unix.so.  Also, updated password
to allow for password change to be forced on expired passwords.    I have
not setup for the SMB authentication so I cannot speak to it from
experience but it would seem you will need a auth line for pam_smb_auth.so
as well.

Brian Farrell

#%PAM-1.0
# Sample /etc/pam.d/sudo file for Linux
#   There are two basic ways to configure PAM, either via pam_stack
#   or by explicitly specifying the various methods to use.
#
# Here we use pam_stack
auth       required              pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required              pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required              pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required              pam_stack.so service=system-auth
#
# Alternately, you can specify the authentication method directly.
# Here we use pam_unix for normal password authentication.
#auth       required             /lib/security/pam_env.so
#auth       sufficient           /lib/security/pam_unix.so
#account    required             /lib/security/pam_unix.so
#password   required             /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so
retry=3 type=
#password   sufficient           /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok
use_authtok md5 shadow
#session    required             /lib/security/pam_limits.so
#session    required             /lib/security/pam_unix.so
#
# Another option is to use SMB for authentication.
#auth       required             /lib/security/pam_env.so
#account    required             /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so
#password   required             /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so
#session    required             /lib/security/pam_limits.so

"Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller at courtesan.com>
Sent by: sudo-workers-bounces at courtesan.com
08/23/2004 01:40 PM