[sudo-workers] sudo+ldap and ldap.conf

Andrea Barisani lcars at gentoo.org
Tue Jun 14 09:24:32 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:01:02AM -0500, Michael Grubb wrote:
> No,
> A different ldap.conf is not needed.  To protect the sudoers entries
> in the ldap directory, you need to use ACLs.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid that you are not seeing the problem. How am I
supposed to protect the sudo entries with an ACL? I'm talking about preventing
sudo ldap entries lookup to the user that's actually using sudo, not external
entities (which can be of course protected with an acl).

On a system where pam_ldap/nss_ldap are used the user must be able to read
ldap.conf (otherwise getent+ldap won't work for instance) and if sudo is able
to read the entries then the user can do that as well. There is no ACL that
allows me to say "prevent attribute lookup if the sudo process is doing
this". The only thing that could be done is tieing a separate binddn bindpw
to the sudo process, but that requires a different ldap.conf.