[sudo-workers] Cross-Compiling to QNX6.2.0 on a sh4 board

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Tue Jun 13 10:44:26 EDT 2006

Adrian Cooke wrote:
> I want to cross compile/port sudo to QNX6.2.0 on an embedded sh4 board.
> Is anybody working on this port or can give me some help in the porting
> process.
>
> All I have done so far is run:
>
> ./configure --host=sh-unknown-nto-qnx6.3.0
>
> and then it crashes with:
>
> checking max length of uid_t... configure: error: cannot run test
> program while cross compiling
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> which makes a lot of sense. Is there anyway to get around this easily
> without hacking the configure script.

I have not been cross compiling but as I recall the trick with
autoconf in general is to set the ac_<variables> to the proper values
before running configure.  This pre-answers the questions that
configure is going to ask and therefore configure does not ask them.
It should not be necessary to modify the configure script at all.  But
reading the configure script to determine the test names would be
useful.  It might vary depending upon the version of autoconf used.

In this case it would be:

  sudo_cv_uid_t_len=10 ./configure --host=sh-unknown-nto-qnx6.3.0

Try that and I believe it will avoid that test.  You will probably
have a long list of configure tests that will need to be determined
and preset from the other host.

Hope that helps,
Bob