[sudo-workers] sudo problem with trusted mode of HP-UX

guru raja grandhi_gururaj at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 11:40:38 EDT 2006

  Hi,

  I am using sudo on HP-UX trusted mode and facing one issue. When the wrong password is supplied to sudo, the authentication fails and the number-of-bad-logins counter (culogin) of password structure is incremented by 1. When the authentication passes, sudo is not resetting this to -1 which it is supposed to reset. I have gone through the sudo source code and noticed that sudo is not doing the pam_open_session() after the authentication succeeds. I am calling pam_open_session() in the pam_verify() function of pam.c which when the authentication succeeds. Now, sudo is resetting the number-of-bad-logins counter to   -1. Please let me know your views on this.

  Thanks & Regards,
  Guru