[sudo-workers] Patch (ldap.c) for sudo-1.6.8p12

Stefan.Labich at bg-phoenics.de Stefan.Labich at bg-phoenics.de
Wed Jul 4 08:21:12 EDT 2007

Hello,

we are using sudo-1.6.8p12 on AIX 5.3 in our company with a central
LDAP-Directory. As High-Availability is a major concern we've noticed that
sudo can use only one LDAP-server host in /etc/sudoers.conf.ldap

I have written a little patch for ldap.c which accepts a backup
LDAP-server in  /etc/sudoers.conf.ldap labeled "host_2". If the
ldap_simple_bind to the first host (LDAP-server) fails, sudo tries the
ldap_simple_bind on host_2. Only if the second bind fails too, sudo bails
out.

With best regards
Stefan Labich

_______________________________________

BG-PHOENICS GMBH
Abteilung IT-B
Loristraße 6a
80335 München

Fon:   +49 (0) 89-121 79-781
Fax.:  +49 (0) 89-121 79-999

www.bg-phoenics.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hannover
Handelsregistergericht: Amtsgericht Hannover
HRB Nr.: 59345
Geschäftsführer: Burkhard Wolf