[sudo-workers] sudo and stalled connections

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 01:02:11 EDT 2008

	I have a very exotic problem. Since Linux
kernel 2.6.25 I get stalled connections. The problem is better
described here:

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-netdev/2008/7/7/2374824

	It's a huge thread and for most people it seems to be related
to tcp_frto. But for me it's not, since I tried to disable frto and the
problem persists.

	So where does sudo is related to this? The problem is that
sometimes I try to use sudo, it simple freezes. For example:

sudo <command>

	I hit Enter and instead of seeing the command output, it
freezes.

	The only way I can force sudo to resume the operation is
issuing a:

nmap -sS <localhost>

	and I don't know why, this makes sudo resumes normal operation.

	First, I thought that it's a 2.6.25 Linux kernel problem, but
I'm not sure because it happens just only with sudo.

	Does sudo tries to open some kind of network connection on the
localhost or not? Or could it be related to the loopback interface?

	It's a very annoying problem and unfortunately I can't
reproduce it (it happens randomly).

	Thanks.

--
Linux 2.6.26: Rotary Wombat