[sudo-workers] sudo and stalled connections

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 17:40:16 EDT 2008

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:58:05 -0400
"Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller at courtesan.com> wrote:

> If this is the point at which it is hanging, what is happening is
> that sudo is trying to log a message to the syslog daemon.  Note
> that this is a UDP connection, not TCP so I don't know why running
> nmap would wake things up.
>
> For that matter, since UDP is a stateless protocol it doesn't make
> sense that it would hang there at all unless there is a kernel
> resource issue of some sort.
>
> What is the full version of the kernel you are running?  It looks
> like there were a bunch of socket fixes in 2.6.25.7.

	I'm using 2.6.26.

	We've been discussing this issue here:

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-netdev/2008/7/7/2374824

	It's a huge thread and it seems that my problem isn't related
to the problem of the first poster (tcp_frto).

	I've been exchange many mails with Ilpo Järvinen, but we
couldn't figure it out, since it happens randomly.

	And yes, I think you're right, it can be probably a kernel
issue. But it's been very difficult to debug this.

	But, as you said, it seems to be a kernel issue. I'll keep
trying to figure it.

	Thank you very much!