[sudo-workers] Bug in configure.in?

Daniel Kopecek dkopecek at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 09:44:11 EDT 2009

Hi,
 during investigating why LDAP auth stopped working after an upgrade
from 1.6.9 to 1.7.1 I've noticed that ./configure says:

checking for sasl/sasl.h... yes
checking for ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s... yes
./configure: line 24121: ,: command not found
checking sasl.h usability... no
checking sasl.h presence... no

The actual code in ./configure looks like this:
24119 fi
24120 done
24121 , break
24122 fi
24123
24124 done

And here is the macro from configure.in that generates the above code:

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([sasl/sasl.h] [sasl.h], [AC_CHECK_FUNCS(ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s), [break]])

This looks strange to me but maybe there some magic behind it..?:]
Changing it to:

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([sasl/sasl.h] [sasl.h], [AC_CHECK_FUNCS(ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s)], [break])

...solves the problem ("command not found" disappears).

However, I don't think that this is the cause of sudo+LDAP not working
and I'll have to check our patches before searching for a bug in sudo.

Dan