[sudo-workers] sudo plugins

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Sat Jul 17 13:16:33 EDT 2010

In message <4C3DB2BE.9080600 at redhat.com>
	so spake Jakub Hrozek (jhrozek):

> In particular, we're interested in grabbing the data from the server via
> our client and providing them to sudo. This is where the plugins that
> emerged in the master branch of sudo caught our attention. Right now, it
> seems it would be nice to have a FreeIPA plugin similar to the sudoers
> one that would communicate with SSSD. From very brief look at the
> sudoers plugin it also seems that it would be nice to share some code
> between the new FreeIPA plugin and the sudoers one. Does that sound like
> a sane plan?

That sounds reasonable.  The plugin API has been finalized so you
shouldn't have to worry about things changing out from under you.
I do still intend to improve the plugin documentation, but what is
there now should be sufficient to write a working plugin.

> Before going on with my research, I would like to ask if there is any
> expected data of release of a sudo version (I presume 1.8) that would
> contain the plugin support?

I don't have a firm release date for sudo 1.8 at the moment, though
it will definitely be released before the end of the year.