[sudo-workers] Sudo Rule Expiration (bug #339)

Mark Janssen maniac.nl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 04:06:57 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM, John C. A. Bambenek, GCIH, CISSP
<bambenek.infosec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Was hoping to see sudo enhanced with ability to have sudo rules expire
> at a given date/time. Submitted bug/enhancement #339. Is there any
> interest in this?
>
> I can code it up, but my free time sucks and don't want to clobber other work.

It would be nice to have this feature. Currently I add comment-entries
to all temporary sudoers rules (in LDAP) and
set a calendar-reminder for myself to remove them after expiration.
Having rules expire automatically would be nice.
You'd still have to remove them later manually, but at least they
would be disabled.

--
Mark Janssen  --  maniac(at)maniac.nl  --  pgp: 0x357D2178 |   ,''`.  |
Unix / Linux Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ Snow.nl |  : :' :  |