[sudo-workers] Sudo 1.7.5b2 available
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Fri Jan 21 11:06:37 EST 2011
The second beta release of Sudo version 1.7.5 is now available.
Major changes between sudo 1.7.5b1 and 1.7.5b2:
* Sync with Sudo 1.7.4p6
* LDAP Sudoers entries may now specify a time period for which
the entry is valid. This requires an updated sudoers schema
that includes the sudoNotBefore and sudoNotAfter attributes.
Support for timed entries must be explicitly enabled in the
ldap.conf file. Based on changes from Andreas Mueller.
* LDAP Sudoers entries may now specify a sudoOrder attribute that
determines the order in which matching entries are applied; the first
matching entry is used. This requires an updated sudoers schema that
includes the sudOrder attribute. Based on changes from Andreas Mueller.
* When run as sudoedit, or when given the -e flag, sudo now treats
command line arguments as pathnames. This means that slashes
in the sudoers file entry must explicitly match slashes in
the command line arguments. As a result, and entry such as:
user ALL = sudoedit /etc/*
will allow editing of /etc/motd but not /etc/security/default.
* NETWORK_TIMEOUT is now an alias for BIND_TIMELIMIT in ldap.conf for
compatibility with OpenLDAP configuration files.
* The LDAP API TIMEOUT parameter is now honored in ldap.conf.
More information about the sudo-workers