[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.2rc2 available
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Mon Jun 6 08:56:24 EDT 2011
A new release candidate for sudo version 1.8.2 is now available.
Sudo 1.8.2 features NLS support. Currently, sudo has been translated
into Chinese (simplidied), Finish, and Ukranian. For more information,
If you would like to contribute a translation for sudo, please join
a translation team at the Translation Project instead of contributing
a po file directly. This will avoid duplicated work if there is
already a translation in progress. For details, see
Major changes between sudo 1.8.2rc1 and 1.8.2rc2:
* Sudo now includes NLS translations for Finish, Ukrainian and
* I/O logging is now supported for commands run in background mode
(using sudo's -b flag).
* Visudo now checks the contents of an alias and warns about cycles
when the alias is expanded.
* If the user specifes a group via sudo's -g option that matches
the target user's group in the password database, it is now
allowed even if no groups are present in the Runas_Spec.
Major changes between sudo 1.8.1p2 and 1.8.2rc1:
* Added a workaround for a FreeBSD bug with dlopen() and non-standard
* Sudo, visudo, sudoreplay and the sudoers plug-in now have natural
language support (NLS). Sudo will use gettext(), if available,
to display translated messages. This can be disabled by passing
configure the --disable-nls option.
* Group ownership of the sudoers file is only enforced when the file
mode on sudoers allows group readability or writability.
* The sudo Makefiles now have more complete dependencies which are
automatically generated instead of being maintained manually.
More information about the sudo-workers