[sudo-workers] sudoers_* ldap keywords

Daniel Kopecek dkopecek at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 08:35:39 EST 2011

Hello,
   after moving to /etc/nslcd.conf as the shared ldap configuration
file, we've encountered a problem with nslcd's strict syntax checking
and sudo's special configuration keywords (sudoers_*). This problem
could be solved by adding those keywords to nslcd's dictionary of valid
keywords, adding an option to ignore unknown keywords to nslcd, or by
moving this keywords to sudo specific configuration files (sudoers or
sudo.conf).

I would like to know what do you think about the last option? From mine
point of view it has the advantage of not introducing third-party
keywords to nslcd, but also the disadvantage of the ldap configuration
being scattered to more files.

Thanks,
Dan K.