[sudo-workers] Compiling sudo for AIX 5.3 with LDAP

Wong Ren Ren.Wong at comverse.com
Tue Sep 13 12:18:42 EDT 2011

Hi,

Could anyone comment on what I have done with the sudo with LDAP on AIX 5.3.  Your help is appreciated.

When compiling sudo with LDAP on AIX 5.3, does the sudo expect IBM AIX LDAP implementation or OpenLDAP ?
I have the environment setup to IBM LDAP

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/ldap/lib-L/usr/ldap/lib/aix5
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/ldap/include
./configure --with-ldap

When the "make" is executed, it cannot find the libldap.a.  I had to link the libibmldap.a to libldap.a in order for the make to be successful.

After "make package" and have the bff installed when running "sudo -l", I got the following error:

sudo: /usr/local/libexec/sudoers.so must be only be writable by owner
sudo: fatal error, unable to load plugins

After changing the permission to 755:

#chmod 755 /usr/local/libexec/sudoers.so
# sudo -l
sudo: unable to dlopen /usr/local/libexec/sudoers.so: There are too many levels of symbolic links to translate a path name.
sudo: fatal error, unable to load plugins

Ren

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, commercial or privileged information that constitutes proprietary information of Comverse Technology or its subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any review, use or distribution of this information is absolutely prohibited and we request that you delete all copies and contact us by e-mailing to: security at comverse.com. Thank You."