[sudo-workers] A plugin API questions

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 07:33:50 EDT 2011

Hello,

As previously[1] discussed, we are creating a sudo back end for SSSD
in order to cache LDAP-based sudoers. We leverage the new plugin API for
that.

The work was started couple of months ago by a Google Summer of Code
student and the ownership of the code is now being transfered to a Red
Hat developer to perform code cleanup and finish missing features.

There's one thing we're not sure about -- the sudo_plugin man
page suggests that the plugin should use the conversation and the
plugin_printf functions to interact with the user or print errors.

However, the sudoers plugin uses a mix of these functions and plain
fprintf(stderr, ...). Is there any guideline on where to use one and the
other? Was the sudoers plugin fully converted to use the conversation
functions?

Thank you,
    Jakub Hrozek

[1] http://www.sudo.ws/pipermail/sudo-workers/2010-July/000624.html