[sudo-workers] Verifying the licenses of sudo 1.8.4.

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Mon Feb 27 19:12:24 EST 2012

Hi there,

I'm the maintainer of the sudo build recipe for the Yocto Project, a
framework and build system for embedded Linux images (yoctoproject.org).
I noticed some license-related changes in the release of sudo 1.8.4 and
wanted to verify that we are stating the correct licenses in our build
recipe.

Currently, we list ISC, UCB, and Zlib licenses for sudo.

I noticed that the doc/LICENSE file now removes specific references to
ISC and UCB, and mentions an additional separate license for redblack.c,
whose header comments make mention of VMWare.

Can a lead maintainer confirm what we have is correct, or suggest what
we should change the licenses to?

Thanks,

Scott Garman

--