[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.6b1 available

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Sat Jun 30 09:36:59 EDT 2012

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 19:03:17 EDT, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> how about going a bit further and building as PIE by default ?  i can post a
> patch to extend existing hardening flag if you're amendable.  (thanks btw
> for making it a configure flag.)

You can't reliably test for this in configure unless you actually
build an executable and try to run it (and that doesn't work when
cross-compiling of course).  Checking that the compiler supports
the option is not sufficient.

This is why I enable PIE in the mkpkg script for specific platforms
and have done for several releases now.