[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.5b1 available
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Fri Mar 16 08:42:34 EDT 2012
The first beta version of sudo 1.8.5 is now available.
Major changes between sudo 1.8.5b1 and 1.8.4p4:
* When "noexec" is enabled, sudo_noexec.so will now be prepended
to any existing LD_PRELOAD variable instead of replacing it.
* The user/group/mode checks on sudoers files have been relaxed.
As long as the file is owned by the sudoers uid, not world-writable
and not writable by a group other than the sudoers gid, the file
is considered OK. Note that visudo will still set the mode to
the value specified at configure time.
* It is now possible to specify the sudoers path, uid, gid and
file mode as options to the plugin in the sudo.conf file.
* Lithuanian and Vietnamese translations from translationproject.org.
* /etc/environment is no longer read directly on Linux systems
when PAM is used. Sudo now merges the PAM environment into the
user's environment which is typically set by the pam_env module.
* The plugin API has been extended in three ways. First, options
specified in sudo.conf after the plugin pathname are passed to
the plugin's open function. Second, sudo has limited support
for hooks that can be used by plugins. Currently, the hooks are
limited to environment handling functions. Third, the init_session
policy plugin function is passed a pointer to the user environment
which can be updated during session setup. The plugin API version
has been incremented to version 1.2. See the sudo_plugin manual
for more information.
More information about the sudo-workers