[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.9b2 released
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Tue Dec 24 20:42:06 MST 2013
The second beta version of sudo 1.8.9 is now available. See the
list of major changes below for details.
For a list of download mirror sites, see:
Sudo web site:
Sudo web site mirrors:
Major changes between sudo 1.8.9b1 and 1.8.9b2:
* Added a workaround for a Solaris-specific problem with NOEXEC
overriding traditional root DAC behavior. Bug #626.
* Add user netgroup filtering for SSSD. Previously, rules for
a netgroup were applied to all even when they did not belong to
the specified netgroup. RedHat Bugzilla #880150.
* Better range checking when parsing numbers in string form.
* On systems with BSD login classes, if the user specified a
group (not a user) to run the command as, it was possible to
specify a different login class even when the command was not
run as the super user.
* closefrom() emulation on Mac OS X now uses /dev/fd if possible.
* The new visudo -x option now takes a file name argument.
Major changes between sudo 1.8.8 and 1.8.9b1:
* Custom linked list and tail queues have been replaced with
BSD queue.h versions.
* Reworked sudo's main event loop to use a simple event subsystem
using poll(2) or select(2) as the back end.
* It is now possible to statically compile the sudoers plugin into
the sudo binary without disabling shared library support. The
sudo.conf file may still be used to configure other plugins.
* Sudo can be compiled again with a C preprocessor that does not
support variadic macros.
* Visudo can now export a sudoers file in JSON format.
* Portability fixes for Tru64 UNIX and HP-UX.
* Fixes bugs #621, #622, #623, #624
More information about the sudo-workers