[sudo-workers] Converting credits file to Unicode.

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Sun Jun 30 14:44:37 MDT 2013

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 03:38:20 +0900, Tae Wong wrote:

> This is what the contributors file appears:
>
> Dai, Wei
> de Raadt, Theo
> Dill, David
> Dinter, Theo Van

> (Note that the particle of de Raadt is sorted with a lowercase letter
> being uppercase.)

Whether or not the prefix in a Dutch surname is capitalized varies.
I think it makes the most sense to fold case when sorting the names.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_name the prefix
is ignored when sorting in the Netherlands but in English documents
they are often sorted including thr prefix along with the surname.

I'll just move Theo Van Dinter to be with the other V's.