[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.8b3 available

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Thu Sep 5 16:26:20 MDT 2013

"Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller at courtesan.com> writes:

> The third beta version of sudo 1.8.8 is now available.

Built and uploaded to Debian's experimental tree with no immediately
obvious issues.

I attach below the set of patches I'm carrying around that aren't purely
specific to Debian packaging, in case you want to merge some or all of
them before the release of 1.8.8.  None are significant but I've been
remiss in forwarding them long enough!

- The first is a simple typo fix in the classic insults that I've been
  carrying around more or less forever.  Sorry about that!

- The second is an erroneous inclusion of $$CWD in a Makefile.in path
  that breaks the ability to run the test suite successfully when
  building outside of the source tree, which I do to emit both
  ldap-enabled and regular binaries for Debian.  (I kind of hope the
  LDAP build can go away someday if the sssd support takes off, but
  I guess we'll see)

- The third removes the check_ttyname call in the src/Makefile.in since
  it fails when building inside pbuilder, et al.  I don't think that
  check adds any value, but feel free to ignore this patch if you want
  to keep the call in the default Makefile.

Bdale