[sudo-workers] Is there a way to avoid get_net_ifs() when the information won't be used?

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Thu Jan 23 10:12:42 MST 2014

It looks like getifaddrs() is slow on Linux when there are a lot
of aliases.  I guess when they made getifaddrs() support IPv6 they
changed how it gets the interface list from ioctl() (which could
grab the list at once) to using recvmsg() with AF_NETLINK to query
each one.

I'm afraid that's more or a Linux bug than a sudo bug, though you
can certainly disable this with configure's --without-interfaces
option.  I'll consider adding a sudo.conf flag to disable it at
run-time.