[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.12b1 released
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Thu Nov 6 12:11:11 MST 2014
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The first beta version of sudo 1.8.12 is now available.
In addition to bug fixes, sudo 1.8.12 features an updated debug
framework where debugging for the plugins is now configured separately
from the sudo front-end. Multiple debug files are supported per
For a list of download mirror sites, see:
Sudo web site:
Sudo web site mirrors:
Major changes between sudo 1.8.12b1 and 1.8.11p2:
* The embedded copy of zlib has been upgraded to version 1.2.8 and
is now installed as a shared library where supported.
* Debug settings for the sudo front end and sudoers plugin are now
* Multiple sudo.conf Debug entries may now be specified per program
* The plugin API has been extended such that the path to the plugin
that was loaded is now included in the settings array. This
path can be used to register with the debugging subsystem. The
debug_flags setting is now prefixed with a file name and may be
specified multiple times if there is more than one matching Debug
setting in sudo.conf.
* The sudoers regression tests now run with the locale set to C
since some of the tests compare output that includes locale-specific
messages. Bug #672
* Fixed a bug where sudo would not run commands on Linux when
compiled with audit support if audit is disabled. Bug #671
* Added __BASH_FUNC<* to the environment blacklist to match
Apple's syntax for newer-style bash functions.
* The default password prompt now includes a trailing space after
"Password:" for consistency with su(1) on most systems.
* Fixed a problem on DragonFly BSD where SIGCHLD could be ignored,
preventing sudo from exiting. Bug #676
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.13 (OpenBSD)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the sudo-workers