[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.14b1 released
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Wed Jul 1 12:31:18 MDT 2015
The first beta version of sudo 1.8.14 is now available.
Sudo 1.8.14 is primarily a bug fix release. It also contains changes
in the way memory allocation errors are handled that should not be
For a list of download mirror sites, see:
Sudo web site:
Sudo web site mirrors:
Major changes between sudo 1.8.14b1 and 1.8.13:
* Log messages on Mac OS X now respect sudoers_locale when sudo
is build with NLS support.
* The sudo manual pages now pass "mandoc -Tlint" with no warnings.
* Fixed a compilation problem on systems with the sig2str() function
that do not define SIG2STR_MAX in signal.h.
* Worked around a compiler bug that resulted in unexpected behavior
when returning an int from a function declared to return bool
without an explicit cast.
* Worked around a bug in Mac OS X 10.10 BSD auditing where the
au_preselect() fails for AUE_sudo events but succeeds for
* Fixed a hang on Linux systems with glibc when sudo is linked with
* When the user runs a command as a user ID that is not present in
the password database via the -u flag, the command is now run
with the group ID of the invoking user instead of group ID 0.
* Fixed a compilation problem on systems that don't pull in
definitions of uid_t and gid_t without sys/types.h or unistd.h.
* Fixed a compilation problem on newer AIX systems which use a
struct st_timespec for time stamps in struct stat that differs
from struct timespec.
* The example directory is now configurable via --with-exampledir
and defaults to DATAROOTDIR/examples/sudo on BSD systems.
* The /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/sudo.conf file is now installed as part
of "make install" when systemd is in use.
* Fixed a linker problem on some systems with libintl. Bug #690.
* Fixed compilation with compilers that don't support __func__
* Sudo no longer needs to uses weak symbols to support localization
in the warning functions. A registration function is used instead.
* Fixed a setresuid() failure in sudoers on Linux kernels where
uid changes take the nproc resource limit into account.
* Fixed LDAP netgroup queries on AIX.
* Sudo will now display the custom prompt on Linux systems with PAM
even if the "Password: " prompt is not localized by the PAM module.
More information about the sudo-workers