[sudo-workers] sudo and pam_winbind

Phil Lello phil at dunlop-lello.uk
Thu Jul 23 13:10:06 MDT 2015

Hi Todd,

The failing commands are sudo -i and sudo <anything>:

DUNLOP-LELLO\phil at inferno:~/src/misc/sudo-1.8.9p5/plugins/sample$ sudo -i
[sudo] password for DUNLOP-LELLO\phil:
DUNLOP-LELLO\phil is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be
reported.
DUNLOP-LELLO\phil at inferno:~/src/misc/sudo-1.8.9p5/plugins/sample$ sudo ls
[sudo] password for DUNLOP-LELLO\phil:
DUNLOP-LELLO\phil is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be
reported.
DUNLOP-LELLO\phil at inferno:~/src/misc/sudo-1.8.9p5/plugins/sample$

The winbind pam modules allow my user to be referred to as either phil or
DUNLOP-LELLO\phil - it may be that the backslash is getting treated as an
escape character in some cases.

Phil