[sudo-workers] [sudo-users] log_output and log_input destination directories and files ownership and permissions

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Sat Oct 29 10:33:39 MDT 2016

On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 18:14:17 +0200, Daniele Palumbo wrote:

> How to deal with the access permission?
> Is the +x added only in case of other bit are set?
> I.e.: g=r so +x is added?

Yes, the search (execute) bit is only set when either the
read or write bit is set for user, group or other.
For example, 0600 -> 0700, 0640 -> 0750, etc.

> Do you need some help in writing the doc?
> If so I would need some more info to write it down :-)

Here's what I have right now:

 iolog_group       The group name to look up when setting the group ID on
		   new I/O log files and directories.  By default, I/O log
		   files and directories inherit the group ID of the
		   parent directory.

 iolog_mode        The file permision mode to use when creating I/O log
		   files.  When creating I/O log directories, search
		   (execute) bits are added to to match the read and write
		   bits specified by iolog_mode.  Defaults to 0600.

 iolog_user        The user name to look up when setting the user ID on
		   new I/O log files and directories.  By default, I/O log
		   files and directories are owned by the superuser (user
		   ID 0).